By Victor Igherighe

 

 

Late Mr Sunday Akpoyibo

Late Mr Sunday Akpoyibo

The entire Delta State polytechnic, Otefe  wept when the news of the painful death of Sunday Akpoyibo, NDII student, department of Business Administration, Delta State polytechnic Otefe oghara, headquarters of Ethiope West LGA, recently hit the campus and the entire Otefe  community.

 

The deceased, 34, was said to have died following explosion from his gas cooker. Our reporter learnt that on that fateful day, when late Akpoyibo returned to his hostel room, he discovered that his room was saturated with odour of gas from his cooking gas cylinder suspected to be leaking.

 

While he was still in the room, his phone rang and he picked it and suddenly the whole room got exploded. He was seriously burnt before neighbors could come to rescue and quench the fire. He was immediately rushed to the Teaching Hospital Oghara, where he was reportedly responded to treatment for some days before he passed on.

 

 

The deceased in an hospital bed shortly before his death

The deceased in an hospital bed shortly before his death

The body of the late student has been laid to rest in his village in Udu LGA of Delta State as at the time of filing this report.

 

The deceased who was also the secretary of his department, was said to have lost his parents some years ago and fended for himself before his untimely death.